Monday, October 20, 2014

4 Months


Hola,
Well I hit my 4 MONTH mark being on my mission! It has been super crazy but I am glad I am done with training because I now realize that time is passing! 
I have been so humbled this week. Our water heater broke and we had to get it replaced but everyone here in Chile takes forever to fix ANYTHING. So we didn't have hot water for a week! I have taken LOTS of cold showers. I will never get used to the FREEZING water. But I have been trying to focus on why this is happening and what I can learn from this. Also our baptism with Diego didn't happen. He had to work so TWO days before his baptism he called us to tell us he couldn't be there! I had sooooo much anxiety! Like no, I just want him to be happy. But this experience has really helped me be humbled. Everything happens for a reason! 

I had a talk yesterday in church and I was so nervous I couldn't SPEAK in Spanish I was stumbling for words and everyone in the chapel just looked at me like I was SO dumb! When I finished I just hurried off the stand and went to go sit with our investigator and just started BAILING! I couldn't hold it in. I was so embarrassed but I felt so horrible. I have been here for 3 months and I still feel like I don't know any spanish. But people tell me I am sounding alot better but I really think they just feel bad for me so they say that. 

This week I have been studying humility and in Mosiah 4:11 it says "humble yourselves even in the depths of humility, calling on the name of the Lord daily and standing steadfastly in the faith of that which is to come." I have been reflecting on that alot because I feel so selfish sometimes. I have been blessed with so much and all Heavenly Father askes of me is to "invite others to come unto Him"
And I know I need to get over myself and just focus on being the Lord's servant. Missions are so hard. But I really do love it! 
We have the baptism scheduled for this Saturday now! Pray that everything goes smoothly. I know that everything will be okay but it is nice to get some extra support from my family and friends. I love you all so much. Thanks for your prayers. 
I am working hard! 
con MUCHO amor,
Hermana McClary 

No comments:

Post a Comment