Monday, November 10, 2014

21st Birthday... in Chile

This week was very interesting to say the least! I came down with the Flu so I had to stay inside to rest for 4 days!! Just imagine not having TV or a cell phone and just having to take drugs to make you sleep because all you have to do is stare at the 4 walls that are around you. It is not fun when we cannot work because we aren't fulfilling our purpose as missionaries. So it is the worst. But it was good. I caught up on ALOTS of sleep to say the least. My companion was very patient with me being sick. haha. I seem to have the worst luck with my health here. But hey I am feeling alot better today! 

I was reading the scriptures D&C 10:4 "Do not run faster or labor more than you have strengh and means provided to enable you to translate, but be diligent until the end." So I have been pondering about this alot this week. Just the fact that I cannot exhast my body and I need to be more patient with myself. Maybe there was a reason I needed to sleep. There is always a reason for everything! 

21st Birthday in Chile

Bryce still has her grace having the flu!

Today has been a wonderful day though! I woke up and my companion made me crepes! Then we got all dressed up and I opened all the presents my family sent me (thank you for all the cards and mac and cheese family) Then went to lunch at this cute cafe that I have been dying to try! It was so expensive so we just got smoothies! It was so fun! I felt super "cuico" (Chilean for RICH) haha. Then we went to eat real lunch at the food court and ate cheap hamburgers because we are poor missionaries! The Elders in our district called me and sang "Feliz CumpleaƱos" That was a fun surprise! And tonight we have a Family Home Evening with our ward so that should be fun! The elders said they have something planned...cannot wait to see what happens! haha. All in all it was a good day! I miss you all so so very much but I could feel your love. Thank you for all the birthday wishes! I love being a missionary! I love serving others and I cannot wait for what this next year has in store for me! 


p.s. we were at the mall and they have all the Christmas deco up so we took a picture with the Christmas Tree! I love Christmas! But it is so weird because it is getting warmer here! 
Until next week! 
Hermana McClary

we got smoothies at the Cafe 

happy to be out of bed

No comments:

Post a Comment