Monday, November 3, 2014

HOLIDAYS in Chile

Hermana Vega, Hermana McClary

HOLA,

This week was super cool! Remember me telling you guys about Daniella? She was all ready to be baptized but she was having some problems with her mom because her mom didn't want her to be baptized. But we taught her all the lessons and then we found out that she actually didn't even live in our AREA! Like so crazy! She was just living with her grandmother and taking care of her grandmother while she was sick. So we were super bummed that we couldn't be the ones that baptized her. But we passed her on to the other missionaries in her area and they just just had to fill up the baptism font! Because she had literally already had a baptism date with us! So crazy. Anyways I hadn't heard from her in 3 weeks or so and on Friday the Hermana liders called me and told me that Daniella was getting baptized on Saturday and I could come! SO I got permission to go to the other area and go to her baptism! It was AMAZING!! I felt like I helped her so  much and we grew so close with her so it was so fun to see her. She LOVES English so the first thing she says to be when she sees me is "SISTER MCCLARY I AM SO HAPPY" It was a miracle! She has been such a blessing to me!

Halloween Costumes- switching with Hermana Vega

I LOVE Holidays on the mission because they make our awkward contacts more normal. So Halloween was super fun! I dressed up like Hermana Vega and she dressed up like me for the day! It was so fun...kinda confusing though! We handed out candy and taped them to pass-along cards! It was super sweet. We had lots of cool contacts. 
Then on Saturday was the day of the dead! It was so crazy here. Everyone was at the Cemetary and we just went to the big catholic cemetary and sang church hymns and passed out the Plan of Salvation pamplets! It was SO awkward but it was something to remember for sure! 

This week I also made EMPANADAS! The bishop's daughter is going on her mission in 2 weeks and she is raising money for her mission so she was selling homemade empanadas! We offered to help her make the empanadas and it was super fun! TONS of people ordered the empanadas so we made so many empanadas! The elders in our ward ordered 48 empanadas each! We just bought 6 empanadas...they are so bad for you so I am trying to not eat TOO many empanadas. Especially the way they make them here...they are all fried! So much fried food. I cannot handle it.

Spiritual high this week! 
I was studying in D&C 60:13 and it says "they have been sent to preach my gospel among the congregations of  the wicked. I give unto them a commandment thus: thou shalt not idle away thy time neither shalt thou bury thy talent that it may not be known"
We have all been given talents that we need to share. I have been thinking about this alot this week. Just the fact that Heavenly Father gives us talents to help others!!
I love this gospel. I also love how everything in the gospel is centered around families! How wonderful is that?? Well I hope you all have a great week! I have some more pictures this week! I love my companion and we are working really hard to see more miracles in this area!
CHOW
Hermana McClary








No comments:

Post a Comment