Monday, February 23, 2015

Santana-Reyes family is baptized!!

Well this week was so good!! We had lots of things to do to prepare for the baptism. 
I gave a talk yesterday in sacrament and I felt way more confident this time around. Hermana Smoot has really been helping me with the language. She has been working with me and helping me not just be able to talk but she is helping me perfect my Spanish. She is THE BEST! And guess what!! We are going to stay together for ANOTHER transfer!! I AM SO EXCITED!! We have tons of things to do to help this ward! 
We had great lessons with the family Santana-Reyes. They are AMAZING! We went to another baptism to prepare them for their baptism. They were really ready to be baptized. Yesterday for the baptism program Hermana Smoot and I both sang "I am a child of God" but it was BEAUTIFUL. The spirit was so strong in the chapel. I loved it! 
Then we had the baptism and Hermana Smoot and I just stood in the back squeezing each others arms because we were so HAPPY! It is amazing to really see the progress of their testimonies. Then Hermana Karina bore her testimony and her husband did too. It was so powerful everyone felt the spirit so strong and I was in tears (figures!) I love that family! And another awesome thing is that their son Viciente wants his dad to baptize him. We are going to be preparing Vicente now so he can be baptized! I cannot wait!! 
We have had a great transfer and this next transfer is going to be even BETTER! We have lots of plans and things to help us become better missionaries! I love being here in Chile. I completed my 8 months just a couple days ago! I cannot believe that I have been on my mission and next month will be my half-way mark. I still have LOTS to learn but I know that with Heavenly Father I can do ANYTHING! I know this church is true! :) 
I uploaded lots of pictures on Dropbox so you can look at my photos! 







No comments:

Post a Comment