Monday, March 9, 2015

The miracles of FASTING

Well this week Hermana Smoot and I  played volleyball in skirts! haha. It was super fun. We have a "soccer activity" every Friday night. But us sisters are not allowed to play so we always just sit on the side lines and watch our investigators play. But this week we all played volleyball. It was super funny. I forget how short these Chileans are sometimes. I AM A GIANT! But we all played and it was so good to be with the family Santana-Reyes. The parents Marcelo and Karina were confirmed yesterday! It was AMAZING! I love being able to see the joy the gospel really has given them! 
Fasting really does help with the mission work. So we have been praying to find more families! Our area is FULL with families so we have been praying to find the ones that are prepared to hear our message. So yesterday was Fast Sunday here since we had Stake Conference the other week. We started our fast and we have been praying to find these families right? Well yesterday right after we had an appt with a new couple. Their names are Marta and Benjamin. They are THE CUTEST COUPLE! Seriously, they got married a year ago and now they are both studying and looking forward for more "peace." They don't know exactly what the want but I can tell you THEY NEED THE GOSPEL!! I cannot tell you how much I prayed for Hermana Smoot in that lesson. I prayed for the spirit so much. I have no idea what I even said in that lesson but I know that it was not me! It was the spirit. I am so grateful for the spirit!! I know that when we fast we really do see miracles in our lives! 
We also found another family yesterday that have been through lots! The mom has had 2 of her children pass away! It was so sad to hear about that but I shared Alma 7:11-12 about the ATONEMENT. I love this gospel because literally every principle can be applied to our lives. They are super humbled people that really are looking for help. I feel really honored to be able to meet them and to even be an instrument in the Lord's hand. 
We have walked so much this week. My body is ready to DIE! All my tights have holes in them. Hermana Smoot and I took some great pictures of our feet. haha. Good memories! But it is SO worth it because this gospel really does change lives!!!
Best part is that Karina Santana is going to come with us to an appt!! I CANNOT tell you how happy I am to be able to go teach another investigator with our new convert!!! I feel so much LOVE for that family! :) :) :) 

p.s. my cousin Rebecca McOmber who is serving in France sent me THE cutest postcard that I wanted to share with you guys. I love her so much!! Shoot out to BECCA! :) 

We walk so much that we have holes in our tights!

No comments:

Post a Comment