Monday, December 22, 2014

FELIZ NAVIDAD

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have tribulation:but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world" John 16:33 
I LOVE CHRISTMAS! This week has been so crazy but so much fun. I was in 2 different choirs and I was busy sings all the time. But something I realized is that when we sing we bring the spirit with us. We performed in Rio Negro and it was so cold we didn't sound very good but it was super fun and we sang in the plaza in the Centro part of Osorno. It was awesome to feel the Christmas spirit. 

Also this week I have realized that food is so much better when it is made with love. This little old lady in our ward has been feeling super lonely because her husband died a couple months ago and she now lives with just her crazy daughter so the Relief Society president asked us to go check up on her at her house. Well Hermana Ramos and I went and shared a sweet little message with  her and then as we were talking with her she was making lunch. But she is so little and fragile. I was trying to help her but she wouldn't let me do anything. She is so strong! Anyways I was just watching her prepare her nice lunch and as we were getting ready to leave she invited us to eat with her. She was so sweet. She lives in a humble little house and doesn't have much of anything but she was wanting us to eat with her. She finally forced us to stay and had lunch with her. The lunch was so simple...just pasta and hotdogs (the usual here in Chile) but it was so yummy! And I realized because she had made the food out of love it was so much better. I hope I can be like this little old sister one day. 

We had an awesome Christmas activity with our zone this week. We had a devotional about Christmas and about what we can give Christ this Christmas. I have been thinking alot about what I can give to Christ this year and I want to give my agency...I want to do what He would want me to do. I want to give more of myself to Him. I know that sometimes I am resentful to do everything but I know that I can grow to know the Savior more if I really give my whole self to Him. I have decided to memorize the Living Christ this year. That way I can really study and ponder the Lord's life throughout the year. I encourage you all to do the same! The Saviors life was so selfless and He didn't come to this earth with lots of material things. He was born in a manager. His life was very modest and very selfless. That is what I want to strive to be this year. More like the SAVIOR. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas! We have a member that we will be eating dinner with on the 24th but we still don't  have any plans for Christmas. I just want to sleep and of course SKPYE my family!!! I cannot wait to see my family in just 4 days!! 

See you soon! 
Hermana McClary

Twin jackets
Hermana Ramos from Bolovia
p.s. here is a picture of me and a palm tree I found! It is the first palm tree I have found in Chile!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment