Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving in Chile

This week has been super swell! We had a competition with our district on contacts. Ever since being on a mission one of my weaknesses has been stopping people and contacting them. I hate it. I just feel so awkward but I have really been praying to love it. Anyways this week we had a competition with our district to see who could do the most contacts. It was AWESOME! We were able to see so much more success this week. The contacts weren't necessarily the best but the fact that we were talking with everyone made us feel better and Hermana Vega and I had lots more appointments! Funny how that works. haha. 
Also this week was Thanksgiving. We told our momita that we celebrated Thanksgiving in America and that we eat Turkey and had lots of food on that day. So on Thursday she surprised us with TURKEY! It was amazing! It was the best food I have had since I have been here...because it reminded me of home! This Thanksgiving I am so gratful for my family and friends. I don't know where I would be without them. 
Then on Friday morning I made pancakes so we could enjoy the "Black Friday" holiday too! 

This week I got attacked with the fleas! I think they are all in my sleeping bag. So I took our whole room apart and sprayed everything and even vaccumed the bed and mattress. I think that I am just going to have to deal with bug bites throughout my mission. I am going to get home with scars all over my legs and back. #missionprobs

Hermana Vega and I bought a Christmas tree this year! It is super cute! ButI  just got a call that I am moving areas! I am going to a new area that is pretty close to where I am now but I have a new companion. She speaks only Spanish. She is from Bolivia! Which is super sweet. I know that Heavenly Father will help me. And I feel that this is my time to prove myself. I have to step up and learn Spanish. I am actually really excited because she doesn't know any English. I know it is going to be so hard but I know that I can do it.
Here are some pictures of the Elders that are also in our Sector. Elder Warren (he is leaving to go home this week) and Elder Hettinger. They are super chill and it has been a blast working with them in Ovejeria! My new sector is called Rahue Bajo! I cannot wait for this next adventure in a new area! :) 
Until next week! 
Hermana McClary 
p.s. here is a picture of me and my Christmas headband. I cannot wait to sing Christmas songs to everyone and wear them! I joined the choir here so we can go sing Christmas carols! I cannot wait! I LOVE CHRISTMAS! I get to speak to my family this month!! I am SO stoked!! 

Hola,


Hermana McClary

 Here is a picture of me and my Christmas headband. I cannot wait to sing Christmas songs to everyone and wear them! I joined the choir here so we can go sing Christmas carols! I cannot wait!


Elder Warren (he is leaving to go home this week) and Elder Hettinger. They are super chill and it has been a blast working with them in Ovejeria! 


1 comment:

  1. Love the reindeer antlers! They probably don't see too many of those in Chile! Good luck with the Spanish!

    ReplyDelete