Monday, December 8, 2014

Good Bye, Overjeria!

This week was super crazy! I had to pack everything I have into suitcases! I was super stressed but I folded all my clothes nicely with my folding board so that was fun! So we went to the stake center and there was my new companion waiting for me. Her name is Hermana Ramos, she is from Bolivia! She is a really hard worker and she has the sweetest heart! I really do love her but it is hard to think of things to talk about because I am limited in Spanish. But she actually understands my Spanish so that is a plus! She has helped me a lot! My whole district is full of Latinos. So I literally speak Spanish all the time. Which is good but it is hard not to get discouraged. I still feel like I cannot be my complete self speaking in Spanish but I feel more confident now. I am slowing starting to love it. It is hard though, just because I was so comfortable with Hermana Vega but I know that the mission is constantly changing and that is what helps us grow. I love this scripture 1 Thessalonians 2:17 and I have been thinking a lot about change. We don't grow in a state of comfortable WE have to strain ourselves. Just like our muscles don't grow unless we get uncomfortable with more weight. I think that is so true. I have been having to stretch but I have been in a state of comfortable just because I was getting so close to the members in my ward in Ovejeria but I have learned that I need to move and grow. 

Did you watch the Christmas Devotional last night? We got permission to stay up late and watch it!! It was 10pm here so we went to the stake center and they had it on the tv broadcasted so we could watch it. I felt kinda homesick though. I miss all the pretty temple lights in SLC but it was fun! 
I loved the talk that Elder Richard J Maynes gave about the different characteristics of Mary and Joseph. It made me really reflect and think if I would be even able to be qualified to be the mother of the Son of God. That is an overwhelming task but the fact that Mary was so humble and out of all the women she was chosen to be the earthly mother of Jesus. I also love the characteristics of Joseph, he had to be so humble and strong for both Mary and to be the father of the Son of God. Heavenly Father had so much trust in them. I cannot imagine. It just makes me so grateful for this time of year. I love Christmas because we can share the gospel so much easier! 
Here is the video "He is the Gift" in Spanish! I love it!! I just watched it today and I am in love. 

I hope you all remember the true meaning of Christmas. I love Christmas and I love feeling the Savior more in my life. I hope you all can feel more of the Saviors love this Christmas season. 

Hermana McClary

Momita in Overjeria

Good Bye, Overjeria

No comments:

Post a Comment