Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Years in Chile

Happy New Year's!! 
This week I met a gypsy! We had some really weird people walking on the streets this week. It was very interesting! The gypsy wanted me to know "I want your money" hahah. I was forced to tell her how to say that in English! I should have asked her for a picture! 
For New Year's we were told to be in our house early! We had to be home at 9pm because there were lots of crazies on the streets. I made brownies and one of our investigators Alejandra made us dinner for us to eat in our house that night. Her food was really good! And it was fun to celebrate in our house! It was funny because Hermana Ramos wanted to wake up at 12:01 for the "NEW YEAR" so she set an alarm to awake up but I didn't hear it. She woke me up and wished me a Happy New Year! I don't remember anything. I was dead tired but she told me all about it the next day. haha. 
New Years day we had lunch with one family in our ward. Her son recently returned from his mission. He served in LONDON! IT was super sweet. He was talking to me in English and he showed me his Book of Mormon and all the maps of London. I was so amazed!! I now need to go to London! Mom he said that here is a "5 Guys” (reaturant) in London but they don't serve free peanuts! Such a bummer! haha. 
We have been fasting for some miracle this week. We haven't had any new investigators this whole month but this week we had 2 new investigators! We taught a new guy named Anjelo. We met him on New Years day and went to his house later in the week and his house EXISTED! A lot of times people give us fake addresses so it was a miracle! He is divorced but one of his work friends was there with him and we were able to teach both of them The Restoration. It was amazing. I was able to recite the First Vision from memory and I felt so much power and authority as I said the same words that Joseph Smith re-encounted with his experience. The spirit was SO strong. I am so grateful for fasting and prayer. We have lots more appointments set up for this next week! We are finally seeing miracles and it is the last week of the transfer! I am grateful for this gospel and I know Joseph Smith was a prophet called of God. 
Have a great week! Happy New Year! 

Hermana McClary

Bryce found Vegas in Chile!
Happy New Year's in Chile!

No comments:

Post a Comment